Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cookware made in China from Paderno

I recently purchased a set of pro gourmet cookware from Paderno through Future Shop. Paderno brags about making their products in PEI, Canada, but when this cookware arrived, it said "Made in China" in the box.

I wrote Paderno and they came back saying the country of manufacture is always shown on their shipping boxes, but of course that is too late when you have already bought the product. They admitted that many of their products, including induction ware, is made in other countries. Companies should not claim to manufacture in a country when in fact many of their products are cheap imports.

And, speaking of Future Shop, I have written two negative reviews about this product and mentioned that it is made in China, not Canada, and neither review was posted. Beware of reviews at Future shop, and most other online stores.

Disappointed!

6 comments:

  1. Can I share my own disappointment? I bought 2L Paderno saucepan from Walmart. The writeup on the site is quite deceptive and leads you to believe that the pot was manufactured in Canada. I did tell the phone person in PEI that this is really lying. The steel gauge is the same as the one used in PEI, but the sandwiched bottom is not. So I am going to return it, as the bottom of the pot is very important. Too bad that a venerable Canadian company resorts to such fudging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I'd found this prior to purchase. Wow what a deal at Canadian Tire, 49.99 regular 169.99 for a wok supposedly made in Canada as per the Paderno wesbite. When received, looked at the box and staring up at me was a deceptive "MADE IN CHINA". What a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the others stated - I want made in Canada and when I found that Paderno was made in P.E.I. - I was elated - have a friend on the island and have worked with many of the lads from that part of our fine land - Time to shut down the China connections lads and make it all Canadian - I was pretty close to hitting the buy button on a $250.00 saute pan - can't trust it now and with the merger with Meyer - Paderno and Canadian Tire - what's to happen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think Canadian Tire should change their name to reflect the products they sell. China Tire would best suit it as 90% of their products are made in China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, after shopping Canadian Tire to support a Canadian store this summer, I found almost everything there is made in China! I am no longer going to buy at Canadian Tire. I'm very disappointed with this finding.

      Delete
    2. HAH!I thought I was the only one who used the China Tire reference! My wife and I are completely done with products from China.Absolute rubbish and the taxes on their end probably funds their military. The tragic irony...

      Delete